Thursday, May 1, 2008

THE DEVILS MUSIC...HMMM??

">
Remember being banned from listening to certain music because it is "the devils' music"? Well finally at the ripe age of 28, I get it. From a biblical stand point we all know that Satan was kicked out of Heaven. We also know that he was the chief musician. Well he still is!!!! His powers were never stripped from him. He is still the chief musician. What is his goal? To lure as many people as he can away from Christ. The easiest way is thru music because once it's in you, it can't get out. With TV you can close your eyes, with words you can simply stop reading. But with sound, you cant stop it unless you don't listen in the first place. Think of how music has transformed over time. Some say the enemy tried to lure us thru heavy metal. When playing some songs backward it has hidden messages. One popular message was to smoke weed. Which is why weed was so popular amongst the hippies. However it did not lure us blacks. So now he had to come up with ways to get us. It is said that Bone Thugs-N-Harmony sold their souls to the devil for record sales. On their first CD cover they have witchcraft on it. A message written backward, and the only way to read it is to put it against the mirror. However once this is done you are speaking it into your soul. We know the tongue is powerful. Remember God made the heavens and earth just by speaking it. Did you realize one of Jay-Z mix tape says "murder murder Jesus" backwards? Or that one of Snoops early CD's shows him in the hospital bed dead and coming back to life with Jesus spirit? Or when Wu-Tang had an animation on the beginning of their website that showed the "W" symbol slicing the head off of Jesus and a black hawk sucking out His soul and flying it over and placing it into them? Or the fact that Missy and Snoop have said they make their best music high. Hmm I wonder why? I wonder why their music is sooo much better while high. Because it's not them they are working under. Jay-Z calling himself J-hova. Come on now. And we at the club and concert throwing our hands up to J-hova then turn around on Sunday and throw your hands up to Jesus? Not right. All of this was brought to my attention by a controversial minister name G Craig Lewis. Hip-Hop hates him! He has a 3 or 4 part series entitled "The truth About Hip-Hop". And he speaks to teens all over the world. He will be here May 18 at Harvest Tabernacle in Lithonia,Ga.
Check him out and look at this clip. I know many won't like what I have said so feel free to respond.



Please let me know what you thought.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tia! I promised to roll through and catch this post...

As a Christian, I always appreciate a Biblical perspective on a current issue. And yes, the former Chief Musician stays busy in music. LOL

The "value system" that I spoke of at RawDawg's includes Christianity. God commands us to "be in the world but not to be of the world." He knew we would be exposed to things of this world, but we weren't supposed to become a part of that system. (For example, become a God-less gansta after exposure to gansta rap).

As such... so far... my family is doing well because hip hop hasn't corrupted a single soul.

But I am also reminded that we are supposed to guard our gates (our senses). We aren't supposed to seek out things (like music) that don't glorify God. From that perspective, I understand the balance required when it comes to music, movies, etc. That's why hip hop isn't at the top of our daily menu.

My whole family (me, fiance, and 2 sons) wake every morning still in love with Jesus. I feel for children who aren't offered a strong foundation. And no doubt about it, the Bible is clear about 'training up a child in the way he should go, and when he is older, he will not depart from it.'

Thanks for a great post!

Hawa from
Fackin Truth Blog

Tia's Real Talk said...

Hawa-- Thank you sooooooooo much Hawa for your words, wisdom and insight. I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm happy to see that someone agrees with me and that my first comment would be as understanding as yours. I'm ready to get blasted for this! lol

Anonymous said...

Tia... I had to roll through again to read comments. I'll check again later to see if anybody "blasts" your opinion. :-)

Hawa

Tia's Real Talk said...

hawa- No one really wants to touch that. Nor rhat a gang of folks seen it anyway but not ever my regulars have commented. At the end of the day no one has to, long as it was read and the info was given. They can search their hearts and head for the true comment. Ya dig? lol

Potent Praise said...

Great post. Got a lot from it. Keep it comin. Be back.

Tia's Real Talk said...

I have posted the clip...check it out.

Natarsha said...

Hey Tia! Thought I would stop by. Wow! What can I say? Thanks, for keeping it real...I am speechless..earlier in my life I used to love all of those artists. I agree with hawa when he says..that God commands use, "to be in the world, but not be of the world." But when you are in the world, it is hard to see that you can still live in the world, but not of the world...Great post.

Have a blessed weekend!

Pamela said...

I got an error 404 (page not found) error when I tried to play the video. It said no longer available. FYI

Tia's Real Talk said...

hhhmmmm..it just played for me. Try again. If still having problems go to youtube.

Pamela said...

http://www.blogger.com/%3Cobject is the link I get. I get the same error. Maybe it is a problem with the Mac. normally I can view YouTube on the Mac. I will see if I can view it in Windows.

Anonymous said...

Great post, Tia--certainly from an interesting perspective. These days, it's hard to hear music by ANY artist--not just rappers--that doesn't offend the sensibilities. Borrowing a phrase from Stevie Wonder,
"I wish those days would come back once more" when secular music truly SAID and MEANT something to those of us listening. Keep writing!

Tia's Real Talk said...

Thanks! I just rediscovered my love for writing, and must admit, this blogging thing is theraputic! I prayed about writing this one. Not one to start controversy but the feed back has been good. Thank you for returning the love and I'll be back to your spot daily! I did forward your email to my friends and fam!