Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Engagement!!

I was sent this a few years back and every now and then fam and friends ask for it. I found it!! It is beautiful! I hope the couple is still together! All I can say is wow....what a man!! He truly loves her!!!!!

THE STORY

A couple in GA got engaged and the guy went all out and is now being recognized all over the U.S. for the love he has for his now fiancé. When you watch this you will want to cry. This is one more reason for not settling for less.



Imagine......... thinking you are attending your brother's birthday party, just to find out your boyfriend has reserved ten (10) rooms @ the Ritz Carlton...Upon entering each room a special letter is being read by someone special (in your circle of friends/family). Please take notice to the detail of each room, different color roses and some are laced in gold (breath taking).

I'm not sure how long it took this young man to prepare this surprise for her... But I'm very sure she was very pleased. This is off the charts and very romantic. Robert is a graduate of Southern University Q-dog) and is now an accountant with Home Depot at their corporate office in Atlanta. My understanding is that he financially footed the bill for this weekend himself. It was not supplemented by his parents. I was told that he moved in with his sister for approx. 6mos. and saved the money to pay for the engagement ring and all of the bells and whistles for this very special evening. A radio station in ATL was playing the song in the slide show and described what he had done and some men called in saying they had to step their game up. It actually touched a few of them because they admitted they didn't respect women on the level that he respects her.


SEE VIDEO HERE!!! PAUSE MY WONDERFUL PLAYLIST FOR THIS ONE!! :)

To see this AMAZING photographer's work, check out his blog @ Ross Oscar Knight Photography.

9 comments:

25champ said...

This pics of both weddings were beautiful. I hope they are still together, but I wasn't sure which ones match the story or if they are just random pics. I went pretty all out for my wedding when I got married and it didn't wrk out so I will just keep my fingers crossed for this couple. Thanks 4 Sharing.

Tia's Real Talk said...

Hey 25champ- The slide show was the proposal. No wedding pics at all. The video you've just watched is what matched the story. She thought she was attending the Ritz for her brothers birthday, until she realized it was a well thought out proposal from her boyfriend. Every room had someone special and close to her reading a letter. The blog is that of the photographer.

Don said...

I like the slideshow. It was well thought and very romantic from what I could tell. Judging from the photos, one quickly realized by the look on the face of the soon-to-be husband (as well as others present) that he really really shared a divine affection for his future bride.

The kind of love that should never end.

Tia's Real Talk said...

@ Don, I reached out to the photographer on his blog to see if they are still togeter. They were in the AJC here (atlanta journal constitution). I saw that they had their own website call aftertheproposal.com but it doesnt work. Hope thats no indication of the marriage.
My research shows that all my fam and friends that had big huge weddings, the marriage didnt work. Hmmmmm...too much emphasis on the wedding day and not the marriage maybe?

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! *speechless and kinda emotional* I hope someone revisits this couple 50 years from now, because something so special, that it's almost palpable exists between them and in the love they share. May it continue to grow, evolve and ENDURE!


Snatch JOY!

One.

Moanerplicity said...

The brotha had a lot of heart and went about pursuing love and marriage in a completely ego-free way. This makes me think it will last. Self-sacrifice is such a huge part of loving another person. This couple proves true that line from an Adrienne Rich poem that: "Two People Together Are a Miracle!"


One.

Tia's Real Talk said...

It makes me feel all fuzzy inside. lol. We all (women) dream of being swept off of our feet like this!! So fellas...get to sweeping!! lol

Don said...

Hmmmmm...too much emphasis on the wedding day and not the marriage maybe?

Boom!

Mizrepresent said...

I remember when i first seen this video...it was so beautiful, something any woman would hope for. I hope it lasts, at least from his conviction in the beginning i believe that it will...anyway's a great lovestory.