Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Home.......


















I have just returned home from Chicago. I can never get enough of going back there!! Good fam, friends, and business always makes for a great time. I do not know what it is about that city. Every time I go I want to go down memory lane. Hubby and I will stroll the lake front, or navy pier; all of the places that we used to go while dating. I have to get with my cuz for girl talk and the much awaited Chicago food!




I realized one year when I went without hubby and couldn't see all my fam and friends like I wanted to, that Chicago wasn't that great. It actually hit me that the people make the place. 17-21 were the best years of my life!! I fall in love all over again. Maybe it's because I miss those days. Spending every minute with my cuz and hubby. Maybe it's because Chicago is where I've met some of the best people ever, who are now great friends. Maybe it's because that is the city where I was finally able to spread my wings and get from under the constraints of my parents. I loved hard in Chicago, laughed hard in Chicago, cried hard in Chicago and met these ladies in that city!!!Angie (far left) Met her in 2000 at work. She started off being a close friend, now she is one of my best!! I love her dearly. We all came out to shop for wedding dresses. She's getting married in Vegas!! VEGAS HERE WE COME!! Not to forget TOYA who is taking the pic and miss Diva Joy, second from left.

Here we are again in 2000-2001. I was huge! Baby weight and Depo! (top) Toya, Joy, Angie (bottom) Grace and I. Wow, I can't believe I put myself out there like that!! lol





Hubby and I in 2000! We were babies!!! lol Your first real true friends are those you've met in elementary school. I've just found my best friends in this pic on facebook!! The best science projects, dances, crushes all in this pic. Can you find me??


For more of my blog, visit here.





4 comments:

simplychic said...

i went to chicogo for the first time last year and really liked it. i actually almost moved their for grad school...

Tia's Real Talk said...

Hey simplychic...I'm glad to hear you shared my love for chicago!! What school were you considering?

Don said...

1st row. 3rd from the right. White dress, white stocking and shoes.

I have never actually visited Chicago, only road/drove thru. All I could remember is thinking how big of a city it is and the fact that Michael Jordan owned the city. There was Micheal Jordan memorabilia everywhere we looked.

Tia's Real Talk said...

@ Don, OH EM GEE!!! Is it that obvious?? HA!! My 10yr old pointed me out in a heartbeat!!! You gotta go...not just drive thru!!